Saturday, August 8, 2009

19c Straits Chinese Porcelain Jar

19c Straits Chinese Porcelain Jar Asian Antique Floral








Antique Chinese Porcelain
chinese porcelain marks
chinese porcelain figurines
chinese porcelain hystory
chinese ceramics
ancient chinese
ming dysnaty porcelain



New York Estate: Just as colorful as the Peranakan culture are the porcelain pieces used in their homes. This is an Approx. 9" tall x 7 1/2" wide , enameled Kamcheng pot with rich blues and pinks. The finial on top of the lid is a Foo Dog and the flowers as I was told are Peonies, the interior portion is a pastel greenish-blue tone. There is no mark but I was told that the piece is probably Tung Chih period. The total piece is in near excellent condition with no cracks or chips. All of the information I have stated was provided to me by the former owner who purchased it in Malacca in the early 1900's, and has been in my families possession for over 50 years. I have looked in the Straits Chinese Porcelain book by Ho Wing Meng and the information seems to fit. Insured FedEx Shipping will be free within the U.S.A.

No comments:

Post a Comment